The Green Miles Run

March 21 - just few days after my birthday was the date for the green miles run.

I was particularly excited about this run for a number of reason.

1. Its being organized by my co-alumni USTHS batch 88
2. It served as my birthday treat to my running mates as we'll be having breakfast after the race 3. Piolo Pascual is going to be there
4. Its my first time to run round mall of asia
5. Id like to run in my new shoes
6. Its my first 5k race

and for this number of reason i advertised and advertised this race, until finally it came.

Gun start for the 5km and i ran my heart out, i was targeting a sub-40 time for the records but i was thinking i could finish it sub-35. Well i did, i finished the 5km @ 31:58, the only problem is the race didn't stop at 5k. It went on for yet another km and another and another until we finally reached a distance close to 8.6km. Needless to say, I got lost. Myself, along with the many others that was ahead and behind of me ran a total distance of not less than 8km for the 5km run.

Regardless of that, i considered it to be a good run, the air was cool and the race wasnt as congested as the previous races. I was fortunate to bring along my sunglasses and visor coz the sun was already up when i reached the finish line. I finished at around 50 mins for the 8.6km. As i was already sprinting in between the 4-5km, i was already very tired in the succeeding ones.

After the race we went out to eat breakfast. All was good.

Few days later, we were waiting for the result of the race but none of them seems to be posted online. I believe it took a good week for the race results to be released, aside from being inaccurate due to the fact that many were lost, there were also a lot of missing names from the list - myself included. My number cannot be found even when i did surrendered my tag at the finish line. Majority of the runners were also tagged as "unknown finisher" which was a bit disappointing.

here are some pictures after the race:













and heres my review for the race:

PROS:
- very nice route
- water station ever 2km
- non crowded race

CONS:
- no timing chip
- no photovendo and runpix
- very few marshals
- race results were late
- few signs and directions
- not all runners are accounted
- few giveaways
- no food after the race


my rating: 3 paws - it could really use some improvement

2 comments:

milsy said...

boo green miles! hehehe!

Krizie said...

lol. it was ok din naman.. just not as good and a bit sloppy. :P

Post a Comment