Takbo.ph Anniversary Run

Takbo.ph Anniversary Run - The Fort Taguig (5km/10km)

This race was held in celebration of takbo.ph 2nd anniversary and it proved to be another good run for my hunny and I.

We reached the fort an hour early before the race and we were greeted  by a cold weather with a little hint that it was about to rain. A small group of runners gather which was always an omen of good vibes for me. (I generally don't like races that are too crowded). The event was inaugurated by the sound of the national anthem sung by the running diva followed by words from Jinoe (the takbo.ph owner) and a warm up session courtesy of Noelle de Guzman aka KikayRunner.

Before we know it gun start was fired for the 10km and the runners were off. We were right behind them like gerbils eager to fit into the small gate and get our bibs marked. It was a 10 min wait before the gun start and because it was a small crowd we didn't even bothered to squeeze our way into the front of the pack. We were right smack at the middle and from there i could very well see the beginning and the end of the piling crowd.

and then we were off... I started the race at a slow pace around 8min/km to allow my body to properly warm up. After all I wasn't really looking for a PR. I was just there to enjoy the race and show off my spanking new customized singlet (which everyone has!!! haha) So i continued the pace for about 5 mins or so before a picked up a bit to 7min/km.

I stopped at every water stations to have a small zip of water. My throat had been hurting due to colds and sore throat so i had to dampen my mouth with water whenever I could. Afterward I'll continue with the run.
I started picking up the pace to 6ish min/km after the 3 km marker. At the 4km marker I saw coach rio followed by a van. Shortly after that, I saw Patrick Conception.

There were no drama. No "Maalala-Mo-Kaya" Like finish. It was particularly hard to to weave through the packets of people walking after the 4km mark so i was not able to sustain a constant speed. Regardless, i think i was still able to finish strong and I reached the finish line just a few sec over 36 mins.

This was a very good race for me. It was very relaxed and enjoyable and as a bonus we also did have a picture taken with coach rio. He was so gracious to do the "superposition" with us.  (too bad i wasn't there when they had a picture with running shield Patrick Conception)

Again I would like to say, Congratulations to takbo.ph for a successful event and of course... Happy Anniversary! :)

Pics taken during the event

 Coah Rio doing the super position

  The Gang

PAOZIE

2 comments:

kassy said...

good one :) i had my singlet but missed the race, was at out and about away in a province. Good celebration, go takbo.ph! :)

Krizie said...

sayang! pao and i were keeping an eye for you.. what you up to? surfing?

Post a Comment