My New Running Shoes - Brooks Ravenna

Its been a while since my last entry. Things had been crazy at work. Good thing though is that i had been back on my training routines, now more focus than ever. Sadly my Nike Racers wasnt able to take the wear and tear that I have been giving her and decided to bail out on me. My last run with it was in the VeteRUN race - the impact i was getting in my knees from the repeated shock of the ground was unbearable that i had to stop before I get any major injuries. After examining the shoes, i found tear on both of them so this i guess is its way of saying I've had enough.

Now I know this is unthinkable, much to close to the Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon, but i did bought a new pair of shoes that I will most prolly use in the race date. My worry is.. would there be enough time to break in to this new shoes.

The same day, Pao and I went to Runnr to buy me a new pair. After having done the gait test we proceed to choose my new running shoes. Pao wanted me to try Brooks but I of course being a Nike girl insisted on the oh so handsome Nike Eclipse. I decided to listen to him anyway and I tried the Brooks Ravenna, surprisingly the knees that were hurting so bad just earlier that day didnt bother me at all. Second, I put on the Nike Eclipse and then tried running on the thread mill to test the shoes but my knees were far too achy to run properly so i had to put that one aside. After that  I tried the Zoot - I forgot the model but it was blue (hehe) and tried running with it as well. With the Zoot, the knees doesn't hurt as much but there was this pinching feeling in my arches that i kept telling the sales person assisting me, "kuya may tumutusok ata sa feet ko.." I was also suppose to try the Newtons like the pink ones BullRunner have but they were only in size 6 and I am size 8 1/2 so i passed. Lastly I asked the sales guy to let me try the Ravenna once more, I thought maybe it was because I was just off from rest thats why the knees doesnt seem to hurt. I gave it another go and boy was it consistent! No hurting feeling. Clearly I've made my choice. I bought the Brooks Ravenna. Hopefully this would help fix my heel striking habit as well. :)


THE BROOKS RAVENNA
Im not a fan of the Sun Orange - but the feeling was amazing and it was the only available color


Along with that I also bought a new CWX compression tights and some senzu beans (sports beans)

Christmas came early for me. :)

1 comments:

Ricky Gamboa said...

went to the shoe clinic today. they gave me the same brand.
brooks adrenaline gts 11

Post a Comment